What do Virtual Group Consultations involve?
Virtual Group Consultations deliver routine care in groups online, consulting with patients who have the same or similar health condition and challenges.
Sessions typically last 60-90 minutes, with 6-15 patients joining the virtual session at the same time. It is supported by a trained Group Consultations facilitator, who remains with the patients for the duration of the session.
A clinician (doctor, nurse, pharmacist or any other healthcare professional), then joins the Virtual Group Consultation to deliver 1-2-1 consultations & advise to the group for part of the session.
Virtual Group Consultations will demonstrate most of the benefits of our face-to-face Group Consultation model:
- Support clinicians to support and deliver 1:1 routine care more efficiently for groups of patients using video technology.
- Deliver an adapted version of face-to-face Group Consultations, which still enables the delivery of routine care including clinical, lifestyle advice, prescription changes and reassurance throughout this period of social isolation.
- Led by what patients need to know about keeping well in these unsettling times, whilst getting to spend quality time virtually with their healthcare team and other patients.
- Enable patients to receive clinical and educational advice and guidance from their clinician, whilst also getting advice, input and support from other patients in the group.
- Support our NHS to keep running at this unprecedented time of crisis and help to maintain staff resilience and morale.
How we can support you to bring Virtual Group Consultations to your patients & organisation
We can help you & your team get set up to deliver Virtual Group Consultations in your organisation, through our blended learning & implementation programme.